Ghasitaram also referred to as Ghaseetaram (Hindi: घसीताराम), is one of the main characters in Motu Patlu. He is a friend of Dr. Jhatka and works with him in the lab. He is also a Labour Supervisior (Mukadam/Foreman) as shown in an episode in which he was Supervising the labourers who were constructing a Building. He also claims to have an experience of 20 years in various fields, though most of the time his "experiences" don't help. Ghasitaram is stated to be from Kolkata. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty.
His style is a similar form of Patlu. He wears a cobalt blue tunic, violet dhoti, dark red jacket, and brown shoes, and glasses like Patlu.
In the newer episodes of Motu Patlu, he wears a peach-colored tunic, a green vest, and brown leggings. However, he also wears his normal clothing.
Ghasitaram is a coward who wants to and sometimes runs away from danger or trouble. He is the biggest coward in the gang. He is also cunning and often makes Motu and Patlu the guinea pigs of Dr. Jhatka's experiments. He also acts all childish sometimes. When he gained cloud powers, he went too far and caused destruction. In The Bulk, he refused Dr. Jhatka's injection to make him the strongest person but started acting like he wanted it to attract Motu and Patlu, showing his acting skills.
Powers and Abilities
He is a witty and clever person and can sometimes be-fool Motu to fall into Jhatka's experiments. Sometimes his experience can also work and help the gang. For example, he helped Motu and Patlu in many of their businesses.
He is a coward. He does not know any sorts of combat. When he does happen to have any power/strength, he gets carried away with it and causes harm.
Hoorri Baba! Mamoonii bachaaao! (Oh God! Mom, help!)
"Hamko iss may bees saal ka tajarba hai! (I have twenty years of experience in this!)
Maamiyaaru! (My mother-in-law)
Enakku iravthu varusham eperience irrukuthu (I have twenty years of experience in this!)
Areas of Residence
In Furfuri Nagar, he lives in a simple house which is firstly for rent but after some time they purchase the house from their house owner.
When Furfuri Nagar gets transformed into New Modern City he owns a good house
When they shift to New Modern City he buys a flat in Furfuri Apartment and lives in it.
During their tour to Europe, they stayed at hotels.
During Indian tour
At Agra - At Jhatka's Sister Mamata's home
At Kerala - Chingum's Parents house
Rest all they stay at Hotels.
- In the episode Victoria Memorial ka Khazana, he says Kolkata is his own place, meaning that Ghasitaram is most likely of West Bengali descent
- Ghasitaram gets back pain when he sweeps. (Samaaj Seva)
- According to Nickolodeon India's page for Motu Patlu, Ghasitaram is described as a "sweet talker" with a "strong Bengali accent." He is also called "the mithi churi of the gang," a reference to the tactics he uses when trying to get Motu and Patlu to test out an invention of Dr. Jhatkas.
- In the episode Lost Island, the English subtitles state that Ghasitaram was 20 years old as of the episode. However, this is a mistake, and Ghasitaram was once again referring to his 20 years of experience, not his age.
- Ghasitaram's pajamas are completely blue, but the number 20 can be seen all over his pajamas.
- His name has been changed to Gramasevaka in the Sinhalese dub.
- In the episode Jadookar Phislekar Ka Bungalow, he tells Motu that his mother used to call him “Golu” when he was young, as well as mentioning how she “used to love him a lot”. This is most likely the reason he says "Mummy!" a lot.
Name in Other Languages
گھسیٹا خان (Ghasita Khan)