If you are looking for Evil Chameleon Controlled John, then go here.
John (also spelled Jon or Jhon) (Hindi: जॉन) is the main antagonist in the Motu Patlu series. He is a wanted criminal who always plans to harm Motu, Patlu, and Furfuri Nagar. However, the "Shaitaani Ideas" (evil ideas) of his "Toofani Damaag" (stormy mind) are foiled by Motu and Patlu. His life goal is to become the most feared and dangerous don.
John earns money by looting banks, jewelry shops, and any other riches he can find, but he has not been successful due to many of his plans being foiled by Motu and Patlu. His financial state is evident by the fact that he does not even have a proper house and lives in a hideout in the outskirts of the city.
John is short and plump and is about 30-40 years old. He wears a blue flower-designed suit and a yellow shirt underneath with a brown belt, brown shoes, dark blue pants, and three gold chains with the letter J for John and 8 rings on all his fingers except the thumbs (the jewelry of gold is probably stolen). In the newer episodes of Motu Patlu, John wears a blue shirt with multiple patterns, a light green shirt, and purple pants.
John is a cunning mastermind and every plan he makes, are failed due to Patlu who foils them. Due to him going to jail many times by Motu and Patlu, he hates them bitterly and uses every possible method to harm them and sometimes takes gadgets from illegal scientists in exchange for stolen money. He has been greedy to the point of releasing Motu, Patlu, and friends from a unescapable magic bungalow (by name) just to get some treasure. John has tried multiple times to rule Furfuri Nagar. For example, he gave drugged sweets to the city's inhabitants to mind-control them and tricking them into leaving with promises of a grander city. However, he does have a shred of good, as shown when he tries to help Motu and Patlu get rid of some ants (albeit with the promise of payment) or when he decides to be Motu's servant after the latter saved his life in Sevak John.
John is a mastermind in thievery, which is evident with the majority of his schemes amount to John actually being able to steal his target, albeit temporarily. He can fool Motu and other people. He is also very good at mimicry and disguise. His ability was to increase his height as seen in Big John. With certain inventions, John can get stronger. John also has a pistol, which he doesn't use often.
He is less clever than Patlu. He is also physically very weak and knows little to none hand to hand combat. This weakness is not apparent when he is enraged by his own goons however, resulting in him physically abusing them with great strength.
- John banega Don, John Banega Don hehe" (John will be the Don, John will be the Don hehe)
- Baba! (Daddy!)
- This is cheating!
- Mere shaitaani dimaag hai ek toofani idea araha hai! (Approximate translation: A lightning/thunderous idea has appeared in my evil mind)
- According to Number 1, anyone who captures John will be rewarded 10,000 rupees (132.46 USD, 97.51 GBP, or 114.88 Euros). Whether this is true is unknown. (Motu Twister)
- In season one episode “Kite Competition”, John mentions having another brother named Shaun, but he never appeared in this episode and was never mentioned again.
- Number 1 refers to John with "aap" when communicating with him, further confirming John's leadership position over Number 1 and Number 2.
- In the episode ”Motu Patlu ki Car”, he mentioned that he has a late father and the car is his father's last memory.
- He gets nightmares of Motu beating him up. This got so serious that in the episode Message Ka Rahasya, John almost jumped off a cliff while "trying to escape from Motu Patlu", thankfully for John, Number 1 stops him.
- He doesn’t rhyme in the English dub. Instead, he gets praised from Number 1 by telling him he said “wonderful words” and he “talks like a poet”.
- In the episode, "Chingum ki Gun", John steals Chingum's gun, when he fires the gun, however, tomatoes fall on John instead of coconuts.
- He likes green chilies.
- According to the episode Motu the Radio Jockey, John was interested in stealing since childhood, and started stealing from home, then stealing chocolates from a friend, then food, etc.
- Even if John himself is a criminal, every time Motu and Patlu "cheat" with him, he claims that it is against the law.
Name in Other Languages